In such a busy world we might feel we have absolutely no time for breakfast, however this quick and easy recipe, that takes around 10 minutes, is a perfect way to get your morning started!
Smashed avocado on toast is such a simple but healthy breakfast that fills you up without making you feel too sluggish, perfect for those who are constantly on the move, and an excellent vegetarian and vegan breakfast. The beauty with this recipe is that you can also add whatever toppings you want, I usually go for just the cherry vine tomatoes, but mushrooms are a nice addition too!
- 2 Avocados
- 5 – 6 Cherry Vine Tomatoes
- Black Pepper
- Olive Oil
- Lime/Lemon Juice
- 2 Slice of Bread
- Firstly, toast your slices of bread and cut the avocados in half, remove the core and score the avocados in a grid pattern and scoop it out from the skin with a spoon into a bowl.
- Then either use a fork, or what I prefer to use, a potato masher, and crush the avocado into a smooth paste. It does not have to be completely smooth a few chunks of avocado are nice to have to add some texture.
- Add a touch of salt, black pepper to season, and a couple of drops of lime or lemon juice to add a little bit of acidity, (not too much as there will be acidity from the tomatoes) and mix this thoroughly.
- With the cherry vine tomatoes, slice them into quarters, and in a pan heat up some olive oil to a medium high heat and gently fry the tomatoes until a little crispy. Remember to season while frying too.
- Spread the avocado mixture on your toast and finish it with the tomatoes, and any other toppings, and most importantly enjoy!
Here we go, in just a few minutes we have created a delicious, healthy and nutritious breakfast, who says vegetarians and vegans do not have options. Feel free to add any comments of how you got on with this recipe, would love to hear what toppings you decided to go with!
See you soon!