Sometimes you just need a nice side dish, so why not cauliflower wings? The vegetarian and vegan version of the traditional wings that are often found at parties and gatherings. So, who says you have to miss out on the fun as well? With a few minutes of preparation and letting the oven do the rest you can cook yourself up a sweet and spicy batch of vegetarian and vegan friendly wings for everyone to enjoy! Let us get started.
- 1 Whole Cauliflower
- 100g of Plain Flour
- Black Pepper
- 200ml of Milk (use a vegan alternative if needed)
- Approximately 2 Tbsp of Smoked Paprika
- 2 Tsp of Fennel Powder
- 1 Tsp of Honey
- Approximately 60 – 80g of Hot Sauce
- 40ml of Olive Oil
- First preheat the oven to around 230°C, then prepare the cauliflower by cutting it in half and then breaking it by hand into florets of around 5 – 7cm in size.
- In a large bowl, mix the dry ingredients for the main coating, the plain flour, generous amounts of salt and pepper, the smoked paprika and the fennel powder, and mix together.
- Add the milk into this dry mixture and whisk thoroughly until a thick batter has formed.
- Then mix in the cauliflower and make sure the cauliflower pieces are coated.
- Place these coated florets onto a tray that has been lined with parchment and bake in the oven for roughly 20 minutes and flip them halfway through.
- In the meantime, prepare the sauce, by combining in a bowl, the hot sauce, honey and oil and whisking until completely mixed.
- Once the florets have been in for 20 minutes, take them out and brush them with the sauce and put them in for another 20 minutes while flipping and brushing them with more sauce halfway through.
- To serve, add a little extra salt and top with parsley, and of course enjoy!
It really is as simple as that, there is not much work to do as you let the oven do the hard work. So, give these a try next time you have a party or gathering, it works perfectly as a nice little appetiser and side dish that everyone will be able to join in with and enjoy! I look forward to hearing how you get on with this.
See you soon!