Stir fry dishes have always been one of my favourites to do, due to how quick they are to make and how versatile they can be. You can pretty much put whatever you want in a stir fry, and with minimal preparation it will taste delicious. In addition to this, this recipe is not just only vegetarian friendly, but also vegan friendly too so no one is left out. So, let us get into this recipe and learn just how quickly you can make this versatile dish!
- Approximately 450g of Noodles (ready to wok noodles if possible)
- Rapeseed Oil or Sesame Oil
- 400g of Tofu
- Peppers (mix of colours)
- 1/4 of a Cabbage
- 100g of Sliced Green Beans
- 120g of Shiitake Mushrooms
- Sea Salt
- Black Pepper
- Celery Salt
- Soy Sauce
- Liquid Seasoning
- Chinese 5 Spice Mix
- Chilli Sauce/Hot Sauce (optional)
- Sesame Seeds
- Firstly, to prepare, shred the cabbage, slice the peppers, cube the tofu, and cut the mushrooms up into large chunks.
- Start off with heating a wok to a high heat and toasting some sesame seeds ready for later.
- Then with a little bit of rapeseed oil, place the tofu into the wok and season with sea salt and pepper, and gently fry until golden brown and place into a separate bowl.
- Add some more oil to the wok, and then fry the cabbage, peppers, mushrooms and sliced green beans at a high heat and season generously with sea salt and pepper until soft.
- While this is going on quickly mix together 200ml of water with around 2 tbsp of soy sauce, a drizzle of liquid seasoning, 2 tbsp of cornflour, 1 spoonful of finely diced ginger, 1 tbsp of celery salt, a couple of dashes of Chinese 5 spice mix, and hot sauce as well if you so desire. Mix this together into a sauce and add into the wok with the vegetables.
- Then add in the wok ready noodles along with the tofu and toss together and stir fry until all is mixed and fry for a few more minutes. Feel free to add in more soy sauce for more saltiness and colour if you prefer.
- To serve place in a bowl and top with the toasted sesame seeds.
Just with these simple steps you can make a delicious stir fry too and of course you can change the vegetables that you want in there it is really up to you! I look forward to hearing how you get on with this recipe.
See you soon!