Enchiladas. The Mexican wrap full of goodness and has plenty of versatility! I love this recipe as it is simple with only a few ingredients and does not take that long at all. It gets even better as it is perfectly suitable lunch or dinner options for both vegetarians and vegans, if you use vegan friendly cheese. Here I have decided to use black beans and pinto beans but feel free to switch up the filling. Let’s get started!
- Flour Tortilla Wraps
- 250g Black Beans in Water or Brine
- 250g Pinto Beans Tin Water or Brine
- 400g Chopped Tomatoes
- Olive Oil
- 1 Fennel
- 1/2 Stick of Celery
- Sea Salt
- Black Pepper
- Smoked Paprika
- Red Chilli Powder
- Fresh Coriander
- Lime Juice
- To start, finely dice the fennel and celery and gently fry until soft in a large pan on a medium heat.
- Add in the chopped tomatoes and around 50g of passata, then add in a generous amount of sea salt and black pepper, 1 – 2 tbsp of smoke paprika depending on how much of the smokiness you want, and 1 tbsp of red chilli powder. Add in the beans and mix all of this together, add in a little water if needed and let this mixture thicken on a low simmer.
- Once the sauce has thickened, add in some chopped fresh coriander and a drizzle of lime juice and mix, and take the pan off the heat.
- Then using this mixture fill the tortilla wraps and wrap them and place them in a tray. Once you have filled the tray, pour on some of the excess sauce from the mixture and sprinkle on some cheese.
- In an oven at around a medium high heat, put the enchiladas in until the cheese has melted and is crispy.
- Take the enchiladas out and serve with some fresh coriander for garnish, and of course enjoy!
Within around an hour we have managed to serve up a delicious midweek lunch or dinner, it’s quick, easy and suitable for a variety of people, so be sure to try this recipe out. I look forward to hearing how you get on with this one!
See you soon!